Agilent USB Modular Instrument
Technical Support Engineer
David Lynch brings a wealth of over 24 years of experience with Agilent Technologies test and measurement instrumentation. He has worked as an Agilent engineer for Regional Sales Support, Technical Application Support, and Service Support for many years. He has developed and presented many seminars and training classes world-wide, including RF Network Analysis for both Scalar and Vector measurements, Antenna measurements, Radar Cross Section measurements, and metrology. He has been instrumental in developing information systems and user interfaces for high speed production RF semiconductor measurement test equipment.
The next time you venture out to troubleshoot problems in electronic products or processes, leave the bulky transit cases behind. With Agilent’s USB modular instrument (MI) family, you can easily carry essential test gear in your bag along with your laptop PC.
“Our line of paperback-sized MIs includes two oscilloscopes, a DMM, a function generator with arbitrary waveform capability, a Source Measure Unit and a 32 channel switch matrix.”
• Scopes: The 100 MHz and 200 MHz models feature two channels, eight-bit sampling, and 500 MSa per channel.
• DMM: This 5½-digit multimeter offers 100 Sa/s and maximum input levels of 100 Vdc and 2 A.
• Function generator: This one-channel source provides six standard waveforms, including 20 MHz sine and square, plus 64 KB arb generation.
• Source Measure Unit : The Unit is a 3-channel 20V/120mA that can operate in a 4-quadrant operation. The channels could be connected in series or in parallel to achieve up to 60 V/360 mA
• Switch Matrix : This high quality low cost switching solution has 32 two-wire cross points in a 4x8 configuration.
The front panel is on your PC screen: Through individual windows, the Agilent Measurement Manager (AMM) software provides a familiar, instrument-like interface for each module.